cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way we can......

scott.weismann
Level 1
Level 1

We have setup an Idle URL on our Cisco 7960's but the biggest complaint we are getting is that people can't start dialing while the image is up. They do not want to have to hit the Close or Exit button to begin dialing. Is there anyway around this? Thanks for your help!

6 Replies 6

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

Not that I have seen. I took the Idle URL away because of that very reason.

Geoff

Anybody know if this will be added in a future release? We currently have 3.3.3

Ditto... I would love to have it work.. our users get very annoyed that they can't just dial from there.

6rmisior
Level 1
Level 1

This is just a shut in a dark because I did not try it myself yet.

But would it be possible to add to the CiscoIPPhoneImage object send to the phone, Key:KeyPad0 let say to Key:KeyPad9 and have it to the SoftKey:Exit function.

Just an Idea,

Robert

Would you have an example of what the code would look like or a good website to go for that? I'm still getting new to this XML coding....... Much appreciated!!

I was just trying to see if it was possible.

And it is not :(

You can make a softkey behave like a key pad key but you can't make a keypad key behave like a soft key.

It would be nice if the cisco XML objects where extended and include something similar to for the key pad.

The best documentation that I know of about xml services for cisco phones is this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide09186a008018e234.html