Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any way to show the agent that the customer has chosen which language

In UCCX  is there any way to show the agent that the customer has chosen which language ? we have only 2 agent they need to pickup call for both Arabic/English. The agent needs to know the caller Language option.

1 Reply 1

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, if you have questions specific to Contact Center then post it on the respective forum so that it gets more attention:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5926/contact-center

It is absolutely possible to show this. In your script wherein you are giving the caller to press Option 1 and 2 to choose respective language just use a Set step to select the language and store the value inside a variable. Then using the Set Enterprise Call Info step, the same can be displayed on CAD. Below are the steps

1) Go to Cisco Desktop Administrator and create a new custom layout called Custom

• Cisco Desktop Admin ->  Enterprise Data  -> Layout List  ->  Create new

Example :

• ANI (display calling number)
  • DNIS (display called number)
  • Layout (display the name of the layout)
  • 231 Call Variable 1

In order to change the name of Call Variable 1 to something that makes sense such as Language, go to Cisco Desktop Admin ->  Enterprise Data >> Fields and simply rename the Call Variable 1 to whatever you want

From UCCX side the above is all what we need to do, the rest of the configuration is going to be done on the script.

2) Go to CRS Editor and add a Scalar variable called "user.layout"
•    Go to Settings > Expanded Call Variables > Add new
o    Name: user.layout
o    Type: Scalar
o    Description: It is not required field

3) Add a “Set Enterprise Call info” step into the script.

• Right click > properties > a new window will be display it
  • “General” Tab
    • Click on add…
    • Enter Value (variable) that you would like to get on the Call Peripheral Variable 1. I have choosen the variable LanguageChoose which is storing the value of language that caller entered in my script
  • “Expanded Call Variable” tab
    • Click add…
    • Values: the name of the layout that you created before on Cisco Desktop Admin ( “Custom” )
    • Names: Select the scalar variable that we created on step #2 (user.layout)

So the configuration should be:

-   Values: “Custom”       (case sensitive and you need “”)

-   Names: -- user.layout

-   Array Indexes:  – Scalar –

-   Tokens:  -- All --

Also, for your reference I have attached the sample script wherein I am storing the value of Call Peripheral Variable 1 in a custom variable called LanguageChoose that then will show up on CAD.

Regards

Deepak

- Remember to Rate Helpful Posts -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: