cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Q931 Debug

Donald Loyer
Level 4
Level 4

Is it correct that based on the debug below that extension 1437 is sending its NAME (Display i". And would it be up to the GW (PBX) accepting this call to process the "Display i =" information.

May 11 17:15:44.225 est: ISDN Se6/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0004

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Display i = 'Mike Smith'

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '1437'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '1820'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

2 Replies 2

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

What you are saying is partially true as I understand it. However, initially Cisco was sending the Calling Name Display through the Display IE (information element). CO switches send the Calling Name Display in the Facilities IE. Calling Name in the Facilities IE is not supported by CCM for H.323 Gateways. You also need CCM 3.3(4....I think) to get Calling Name delivered in the Facilities IE.

Through trial and error I got the Calling Name Display to work between CCM 3.1(3) and a Nortel SL-100 PBX but it took alot of fiddling with settings on both ends of the PRI span to make it work.

You mention that the Calling Name in the Facilities IE is not supported by CCM using H323. If this were an MGCP GW would that make a difference. Also the mention of the Facilities IE and the Display IE information elements has raised more questions for myself. Were can I find additional explainations about these elements and there role within the Q931 message structure. Also has QSIG ever helped with intergration. Additional information. The PBX type I am working with is a Tadiran Coral III.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: