Views
Helpful
Replies

ITEM 2.0 eval

r.banez
Level 1
Level 1

I'm recently installed ITEM 2.0 eval.

I've added the gateways and the switches to the devices. All are detected/discovered correctly. But when I added the Callmanager. The status is "unknown".

Callmanager Version is 3.3(3)sr4a.

Is there any special configuration I should do in the callmanager? When I added the device. I specified the snmp as public (as indicated on snmp service in windows services console). I also place the username and password of the computer's local administrator.

8 Replies 8

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Make sure the public SNMP comm string has READ ONLY access atleast on the SNMP services on the Call Manager.

From the ITEM server also try to ping the call manager.

It should be ok cause we have running these for almost a year now with no problem.

Regards,

Arijit

public SNMP community string has Read only. I also tried adding private as community string with Read Write, and used it. Same thing.

by the way, will ITEM work on a Cisco-Approved HP DL380 machine running the callmanager?

Are there additional settings?

thanks.

ITEM should not be installed on the Call Manager server as both requires SQL database server.

As per discovery of the CCM, delete the CCM entry you have right now and try to ping the CCM server from your ITEM server. Once you get reply from CCM then try to re create the entry for the CCM.

Regards,

Arijit

What I mean was if ITEM will work if CCM is installed on a cisco-approved DL380 Machine. ITEM is installed on a separate computer running windows 2000 Server. No other application is installed except ITEM.

I deleted the CCM. I can ping the CCM from the ITEM server using hostname, fqdn, and IP address without failure. I add it back. It goes to learning, then after a few minutes it goes to unknown devices.

We are seeing the same thing with Call Manager 4.0.1SR1. The gateways (5350s) come up fine, as does the ipvm, and ipcc, but the call managers remain unknown.

We are running ITEM 2.0 IDU4.0 on an standalone IBM 335 away from the call manager cluster. (IDU 5.0 is planned for after a quick memory upgrade).

Interestingly all call managers are visible and accessible on our Ciscoworks (solaris) server.

The ITEM debugging management tools for snmp r/w and ping are also all ok for accessing the call manager IPs.

Any clues are appreciated.

- David

What hardware is your Call Manager running? 7815? I also need to upgrade my memory for it to support IDU 5.0.

Our call manager is on an MCS 7835, but that is fine. Our ITEM server though is on an IBM 335 and needs more memory to go to the latest IDU.

Ok. So its not because I'm not using those MCS 78XX as servers. :)

the IDU 5 needs 2G of RAM. It won't install with anything lower than 2G.

But CCM 3.3 was the minimum requirement for the ITEM. So it should be recognized even without the IDU or the SR4a needs IDU 5?

correct me if I'm wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: