cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ITS - disable call waiting

jcraven
Level 1
Level 1

My users have requested that rather than hear call waiting beep, they hear a normal ring when on an initial call and more calls come in. I have seen other threads regarding turning call waiting off in call manager, but does anyone know how to do the same in ITS?

A little background - all the line appearances in question appear to be already set to 'normal ring' rather than call waiting beep or any of the other settings.

Thanks,

Jerry

3 Replies 3

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

If you have an incoming call on another line appearance than the laert that goes to the phone cannot be stopped. You could use a silent ring on the other line appearances, but that would apply when there was no call as well, as there would be no alerts for calls coming on that line.

Hope that helps.

Taimoor

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

To disable call-waiting on ITS, set the line up as single-line instead of a dual-line. I believe this basically turns call-waiting off.

Word of Warning though, this might also disable their ability to transfer if you dont have a second line configured on the phone.

You can still use Dual line but if you use hunt-stop channel to prevent the Call waiting