Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android - Samsung Galaxy Tab

Hi

I am having difficulty setting up the an Android device for Jabber.  Here's where I am...

-  CUCM 8.6.1, BOTxxxx device configured, DN configured and device associated (same set up for working iPhone 3GS)

-  Device : Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000

-  Jabber for Android client on Samsung Tab

-  Can ping to CUCM from Samsung Tab (same subnet)

-  Can browse to CUCM from Samsung Tab -  After entering the Jabber client I enter the BOTxxxx & CUCM IP

-  ERROR "Please check your Internet Calling Settings and try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator"

-  On the CUCM the device remains unregistered Since the setup wizard does not complte there is no option to look at any logs (one for the BU?).

I have managed to set up an iPhone 3GS so was hoping the Samsung would be just as easy. Working from doc : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/8_6/JABA_BK_A940B90D_00_jabber-for-android-admin-guide.html

Many thanks for any help

John Mc

16 Replies 16

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi John

First thing to check is DNS. Are your CUCMs defined by name? If so, then the Android device needs to be able to resolve the names. The config file sent to the Jabber client contains the hostname of the CUCM Server.

HTH. Barry

Thanks Barry.

As I am running a Test network there is no DNS Server.  Was hoping the Tab would be happy with IP address of the CUCM.

Any workarounds you know of?

Thanks

John Mc

Hi John

One way around this is to change the CUCM server name to its equivalent IP address in CUCM administration.

You'll need to restart the CUCM TFTP service after making this change.

Also worth changing the enterprise parameters that reference the server name if you go down this road.

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Not an answer, but I thought I'd jump on the pile.  We are having the same exact symptoms here:

- CUCM 8.6.2

- Multiple Devices, Samsung Galaxy S and S2

- iPhone clients work just fine

Also, we double-checked DNS.  We are able to resolve (and web to) CUCM from the device.

Hi Rick

I've generally taken packet captures to / from the Andoid device on CUCM to see what is going on when this kind of thing happens. It's also worth requesting the XML config file stored on CUCM via TFTP.

The file name is something like BOTXXXXX.cfg.xml (I can't remember the exact file name) - but it's worth grabbing it using a TFTP client and having a nose inside. Sometimes there can be something strange in there (possibly a CUCM host name you aren't resolving / expecting)

If you take a packet capture on CUCM, you can restrict it to the IP address of the Android client and export it as a PCAP file. This normally helps in working out where the issue is.

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Thanks for the input, Barry.

We were actually able to get it working by changing the System -> Server settings (CUCM) from hostname to IP address.  Not sure exactly why this made a difference; since DNS is resolving from the Adnroid devices with no problems.

Hi Rick/Barry

Thanks for your ideas.

I have configured the CUCM to use IP instead of hostname.  Still unable to register.   Looks like I'll have to sniff

Thanks

John Mc

Hi,

I'm meeting the same issue to register jabber on Galaxy SII. Do you succeed in solving your issue?

Thank you

Best regards

Hi Guihem

Sorry - I'm no further forward.  Cisco Account Team are taking a look also but the business requirement is low level so I'm struggling to get time to fully resolve.

Upgrading to CUCM 8.6.2a soon - will re-try after.

Please keep me updated if you crack it before me.

Good luck

John Mc

ievalleyccie
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem . I appreciate if there is Any update about it

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't resolve this issue. I will let you know any update when I work again on this issue.

Hey guys

Any updates on this? Having the same issue on a samsung note.

Thanks

Network
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Any updates on this?  Having the same issue with Android devices - iPhones work fine.  I don't see why changing to IP address vs hostname would work if DNS is resolving fine.

syed.mohsin86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Any update so far? I have tried Cisco Jabber Voice on Samsung Galaxy tab 2 and HTC One but failed... are these devices supported? Cisco docs doesnot mention they are supported or not. Cisco should make Jabber OS specific rather device specific..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: