Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Ipad: Corporate Directory search not working with CUP

jdarbonnel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I'm using Jabber For Ipad with CUP On premise. When I search a contact within Corporate Directory  i get nothing result.

To be sur i tested the same account with Jabber For Windows and CUPC, searching within Corporate Directory works fine.

Is it a special configuration on CUP or CUCM for Jabber for Ipad? I noticed that the same CSF_ID is used on CUCM for two Jabber clients.

Has Anyone had this behavior

Thanks in advance

Jluc

4 Replies 4

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jluc,

Jabber for iPad is using a new device type (Cisco Jabber for Tablet) but not CSF. You need to apply the COP file to add this device type if you cannot find it on your CUCM.

You should also have the right LDAP profile assigned to the user on CUP server. 

For detailed configuration, refer to the admin guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps12430/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Regards,

Ji Li

Cisco Collaboration Solutions

Hi,

I solved my problem, indeed, you need to have two devices on cucm, CSF and TAB because you can use separately.

Be carefull if you use several Ldap profile on CUP server too.

Thanks for your reply

regards

Jluc

Hi, i'm in the exact same case as you, how did you sole this problem?? by havinf the CSF and TAB devices ??

Thanks

Vicente

Hi Vecente,

Yes, you need to have a TAB device onto CUCM ( Cisco Jabber for Tablet) for registering & audio/video call.

After that, the corporate directory settings are recovered from Ldap Profile onto cup server.

Rgrds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: