Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest in HA

Good morning,

can you please confirm or negate that if you want to build an infrastructure of Jabber Guest in HA, you MUST refer to LARGE virtual machine (of VCS/Expressway) ?

Thanks and best regards,

Mario

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mario,

If there was such a limitation it would be mentioned in the Installation and Config guide or the release notes. I did not find any such reference in these docs or any other internal sources as well so there shouldn't be any such limitation. You may check with TAC as well if you want to get a confirmation from Cisco before implementing the solution.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish.

This is what TAC answered:

All Jabber Guest clustered deployments require a large-VM Expressway-E with TURN services. This is seen in the "deployment options", "clustering options", and "load balancing methods" sections: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Guest/10_6/icg/JABC_BK_JF2738FB_00_jabber-guest-server-106-installation/JABC_BK_JF2738FB_00_jabber-guest-server-106-installation_chapter_01.html#JABC_RF_CF82B8AB_00

Table 17 doesn't imply that you can use different methods to load balance, rather, there are different ways to load balance various traffic types.

What do you think about that?

The matter is that to implement Large VM, I do need 10Gb NIC but this infrastructure is not compatible with the customer network and it seems to me quite strange that I need to do that ONLY to have the Jabber Guest in HA  !!!

Thanks for any reply...

Mario

Hi Mario,

In that case you should go as per TAC recommendation since there is no documentation to negate what TAC engineer has said. The only other option i can think of is if you can engage your local Cisco SE or Account team and get this verified internally.

HTH

Manish