cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber IM v Jabber Desktop

albertochavez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I haven't been able to get a clear information on this issue, maybe I haven't search for it correctly.

Due to the licensing change from 9.0 release, there's a base support for any type of license UCL/CUWL of Jabber; it shows that even UCL Essential and Basic will get Jabber IM & Presence support, but what kind of application will these type of users will have? is it a software application that may be installed on Windows/Mac? If so, what features would be different for users that may get Jabber Desktop (like Enhanced/Enhanced Plus users)?

In a related note, about the Jabber Now promo, what kind of software will we get by buying one of those licenses, similar to a Jabber Desktop? Also, it says in that Promo, that UWL users may get it if they haven't reach the maximum number of devices registered, I also would like to know how, simply downloading it and installing it?

Thanks in advanced.

Alberto

2 Replies 2

admin11111
Level 4
Level 4

1) J4E is available for all clients, mobile or desktop. This link shows all the features across the various platforms

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/jabber_for_everyone/CUP0_BK_JE526021_00_jabber-for-everyone-solution-overview_chapter_00.html

2) Jabber Now is all Jabber clients once again desktop or mobile and is meant for 8.X or lower versions to get Jabber for a low cost. In 9.0 it is included but with 8.X or lower you would have to do adjunct plus the license for enhanced let's say. Now this includes the second device at 95 bucks. If you need more than 2 CUWL devices you would buy this for 95. I am assuming you will get some additional DLU and maybe some PAK but early to say since the SKU hasn't even gone live

Srini

Re posting under my user name

1) J4E is available for all clients, mobile or desktop. This link shows all the features across the various platforms 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/jabber_for_everyone/CUP0_BK_JE526021_00_jabber-for-everyone-solution-overview_chapter_00.html

2) Jabber Now is all Jabber clients once again desktop or mobile and is meant for 8.X or lower versions to get Jabber for a low cost. In 9.0 it is included but with 8.X or lower you would have to do adjunct plus the license for enhanced let's say. Now this includes the second device at 95 bucks. If you need more than 2 CUWL devices you would buy this for 95. I am assuming you will get some additional DLU and maybe some PAK but early to say since the SKU hasn't even gone live

Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: