Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Kindly help us solve the problem about MXE3500 RN with standalone mode

Dear All

My team order 5 of the MXE3500 with Resource Node., Actually we would like to use it as standalone but I can't access to http://x.x.x.x/mxeui.

Does the Resource Node able to run on standalone device ? or we have to use Resouce Manager instread

Best Regards

Boonpot

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

Resource Node needs to be associated with a Resource Manager.  Only Resource Managers can be standalone.

View solution in original post

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Please find the below in addition to the useful information which MR/Jdedell12

1- You won't  be able to use RN standalone , and it will never do integration with SNS or TCS.

2- MXE RM or esource manager only will be responsible for RNs control , management and integration with SNS and TCS.

3-You have 5 X  Cisco MXE 3500 . My advise for you to mage one of is RM (will be responsible to divide the tasks between the 4 RNs and if one of them failed or lost connectivity , the RM will send the job to other RN.

To get RM , please find the below;-

1-You have to install RM DVD 1-2 , i think you can check your purchase orde. Plese find the below:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/mxe/3500/sw/3_x/3_3/admin/guide/installdvd.html#wp1035177

2-There will be licenses for RM and RN , which will be installed on Cisco MXE 3500 RM , please find the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/mxe/3500/sw/3_x/3_3/admin/guide/lic_feat.html#wp1046064

3-You will need PAKs for RM and RN because to register RN you need to use the RN PAK and the RM License Host ID. Please check with you Accounts Team and they can get PAK for you.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

Resource Node needs to be associated with a Resource Manager.  Only Resource Managers can be standalone.

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Please find the below in addition to the useful information which MR/Jdedell12

1- You won't  be able to use RN standalone , and it will never do integration with SNS or TCS.

2- MXE RM or esource manager only will be responsible for RNs control , management and integration with SNS and TCS.

3-You have 5 X  Cisco MXE 3500 . My advise for you to mage one of is RM (will be responsible to divide the tasks between the 4 RNs and if one of them failed or lost connectivity , the RM will send the job to other RN.

To get RM , please find the below;-

1-You have to install RM DVD 1-2 , i think you can check your purchase orde. Plese find the below:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/mxe/3500/sw/3_x/3_3/admin/guide/installdvd.html#wp1035177

2-There will be licenses for RM and RN , which will be installed on Cisco MXE 3500 RM , please find the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/mxe/3500/sw/3_x/3_3/admin/guide/lic_feat.html#wp1046064

3-You will need PAKs for RM and RN because to register RN you need to use the RN PAK and the RM License Host ID. Please check with you Accounts Team and they can get PAK for you.

Thank you

Hello

I have a problem on my MXE3500 cluster , maybe there are missing licenses. Can anyone help me regarding the required licenses and the steps of the configuration?.Your help for me is highly apperciated.

Thanks 

Hi

For Cisco MXE cluster , you will need Cisco RM license and RN license.

Thank you

Hi

Before installing licenses for RM & RN . You have to find with your order 5 X CDs or DVDs "1 st ie written for Cisco MXE 3500 and windows server ,  2 X DVDs for Cisco RN 1&2  , 2 X DVDs for Cisco RM 1&2 ,

1-For RN :you have to select the required servers , then install the RN DVDs in order 1 then 2.

2-For RM you have to select which will be  for RM and responsible to manage RNs: install RM DVDs 1&2 .

Thank you

Hi

For the required licenses , please also have a look for the below:-

IF you have a cluster which consists of  5 X MXE 3500 .You will need a total of 5 license files:

1) each will have a base PID (MXE-3500-33LIC-K9)

2) one license must have the RM PID (MXE-3500-33RM-K9)

3) the other 4 will have RN PIDs (MXE-3500-33RN-K9)

4) if purchased, each must have the graphics PID (MXE-3500-GRLIC)

5) if purchased, each must have the live PID (MXE-3500-LVLIC)

6) if purchased, each must have the Speech-to-Text PID (MXE-3500-STLIC)

7) if purchased, one must have the SUI PID (MXE-3500-UILIC)

8) if purchased, one must have the appropriate Pulse PID (MXE-PULSE-400P or 200P

Thank you

Thanks kamal for your help . I will check me purchase order and i will inform you. Regarding the PAKs , how can i get it?.

Thanks

Hi

Regarding to the PAKs , you have to contact licensing@cisco.com. You have to mention on your mail sales order and customer name on your mail.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Hi

Please do not forget to rate all useful information.

Thank you

Hello

Is there any update , Please tell us if your issue is solved or not?. Please do not forget to rate all useful informtaion.

Thank you

I must apologize., i don't know how to rate T T

Thanks Kamal so much , i am so sorry for the delay. I really apperciated your help .

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: