cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lab equipment for SIP,MGCP,H323,SCCP

mohashim
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody can suggest me what equipment and software required to built up voice lab for SIP,MGCP,H323,SCCP from end-to-end plus with billing system and TCL .

3 Replies 3

mderriennic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need first a CallManager on a MCS Server (7815 or 7825 are cheaper but 7835 is better if you want to make tests because you can remove one RAID SCSI drive to keep a valid configuration)

You also need some phones and a gateway with E1/BRI/FXS ports.

CCM includes a small billing system (ART) but if you want a real billing system you need to purchase Mind MEIPS product.

Regards,

Marc

hi,

correct me if wrong, from my understanding the CCM is not for SIP server. BUT I still confuse either to used BTS10200 or Cisco SIP Server because I not realy sure the purpose of this two software.

Hi,

CCM v4 is SIP enabled. Here are some informations form the FAQ :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a00801f8e18.shtml

Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

Q. What is the purpose of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunk in Cisco CallManager 4.0?

A. The SIP Trunk is designed to connect Cisco CallManager to distributed SIP networks.

Q. What SIP Standards are supported?

A. SIP standards RFC 2543 bis4 is supported; RFC 3261is partially supported. The SIP trunk uses RFC 2833 DTMF.

Q. If RFC 3261 is partially supported, what is not supported?

A. In Cisco CallManager 4.0, the major deficiencies in RFC 3261 Support are:

Refer

Subscribe/Notify

Out-of-band DTMF

Authentication.

MWI

Q. Why is the MTP required for the SIP trunk?

A. The Cisco MTP is required for calls through the SIP trunk and provides 2833 DTMF relay functionality so that in band 2833 DTMF can interoperate with the SCCP, MGCP, and H.323 out of band DTMF that Cisco CallManager uses.

Q. What devices are supported for SIP trunk interoperability with Cisco CallManager?

A. The following devices are supported for SIP trunk interoperability with Cisco CallManager: Cisco SIP Proxy Server (CSPS), Cisco BTS 10200, Cisco PGW 2200, 26xx, 36xx, 37xx, 53xx, 54xx, 58xx, Microsoft Messenger, intercluster communications to another Cisco CallManager cluster.

Regards,

Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: