Views
Helpful
Replies

LCR function for CCM

aliao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any third-party LCR function available for CCM 3.x? or does Cisco planned to have this functionality?

If we're to program one by ourself, how can we "hook" into CCM's routing function to do so?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's been there since CallManager 3.0, and it's called "Route List."

Hi,

That's the most primitive LCR function I have ever seen. It simply doesn't do a thing other than following the defined list. It requires people making the calculation first and manually updates it as required.

The kind of LCR function I am referring to, is CCM selecting the best route based on automatic calcution on specific values (usually cost). It can further determine the best route to go cost wise depends on the time, the existing volume, etc. CCM doesn't do that now!

Well, without further information I had nothing else to go on.

We don't currently have anything natively in CallManager that can route calls based on the results of a mathematical expression that gives the best actual cost. Values in the expression could be things like which trunk, what time of day, how many active calls on existing trunks, etc.

I don't know if this type of feature is on the product roadmap for CallManager or not.

In the meantime, the only way I can think of to implement this is through a CTI application using TAPI or JTAPI. And you would need some sort of front-end to the application so that the administrator can say what type of trunks they have, how many going to each provider, how much their minutes cost during what days and times, etc.

It would not be a small undertaking at all, but I know of no native way to accomplish this cost based automation within CallManager currently.