cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP lookups. HOW?

dlittlewood
Level 1
Level 1

I might be sounding a bit thick here but, how would I reference a Windows 2000 server from my IP phones via LDAP?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

rkiamil
Level 1
Level 1

Can you tell more about what u want 2 do? Do you want to see a list of the server on you IP phone? or do you want to be able to administrat Windows Server and AD from your phone?

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Install the CiscoIPPhoneservices SDK on the w2k server (it must have IIS!). (don't do this on your ccm)

An service called LdapSearchCOMserver will be installed. Put the ldap directory in your wwwroot and adjust all the path settings in the ldap*.asp files. Look at the settings in the ldapdirectorylist.asp, adjust all the ldap settings (server, searchbase, auth)

If you can't work it out, just reply to this.

Good luck,

Sascha

Hello Sacha,

I had this working nicely on Exchange 5.5

And the our IT-department upgraded to Exchange 2000.

Now I constantly get an 'Invalid Credentials' Error.

Have you been able to successfully integrate with Exchange 2000?

Best reagrds,

Bruno

Hi,

I connected to a Active Directory server...

You might look at the authentication in your ldapdirectorylist.asp (line 58 and 59).

Maybe you could query without auth. in exch.5.5 but it might be needed for exch.2k. :-)

succes

Sascha

When I install the SDK i get a run time error. Its an "Automation Error" , "The System cannot find the specified path". I've installed on 2 different systems, both NT 4.0.

Also I don't have the LdapSearchComServer service listed.

I went ahead and modified the ldap scripts and did some searches. The script runs without errors however I also get returned zero records.

Any ideas or help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brent Sherman

Syntegra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: