cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP only import AD users whose IP Phone attribute is not empty

daniel-ma
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco SRND, the only way to import users with Cisco phones is to putting them into different OUs. However, in our case, it is not possible, since we have multiple business units, and each business unit has its own USERS OU. Plus it is hard to maintain accurately who has Cisco phone who does not.

Is there a way to only sync import users whose IP Phone attribute in AD is not empty, or by Group Membership, or any other suggestions?

18 Replies 18

Hi Matt, java -cp....is the commande to issue from your PC to push the script into the CCM and

is what you need to put into sample.xml file. You will find this file where you will extract the AXLToolkit Tools.

Eric,

excellent, i get it now !!

Just one last question if I may.

Do I carry out this process before or after I configure and run LDAP synchronisation on CUCM ? I understand that the filter remains on CUCM but am wondering if you can apply it before initial synchronisation.

Best wishes,

Matt

Hi Matt

You can run it before or after. If you apply it before you'll only see user who match the filter in End User page. If you apply after you'll see all of AD user in End User page. The username who match the filter will be mark as Active and other to Inactive. The Inactive End user will disappear from End user page over the next day.

You can also call Bell Team to help you ! ;-)

Regards,

Eric

Hi All,

i follow the same instruction as in blog for LDAP filter, after i run this  statement  still i am having problem, i can see the user in the coporate directory which does not have Ip Phone. i restart the services DirSyn. Please help me out.