Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing Info Needed for ATA devices with CUCM

saif_farooq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are planning to deploy CUCM solution for our client. With CUCM 7.1 & MCS7825, we want to use ATA devices either ATA186 or SPA2102 for providing telephony service through Analog phones.

Q1)     Regarding licensing, do I have to buy User License & Device license separately?

Q2)     Can we buy these licenses as per our requirement, i.e. 200 initially & later buy 400 more, i.e. total 600, as per our requirement? That's because I could only find user licenses for 100 or 1000 users!?

Q3)     Since there are two analog telephone ports in the ATA186 or SPA2102, then do I only need only 100 user &/or device license in the case of 200 users??

Tc.

Tekkie123

20 Replies 20

Hi!!

Thx for all the previous replies,,they were very helpful.One last point. For this solution,,we have to terminate E1 PRI on the router, which will serve for the IP telephony network. There are two options, i.e. VWIC-1MFT-E1 & VWIC-1MFT-G703. I want to ask if I can get the work done through E1 module instead of G.703 card?

thx

The VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 part is what you want.

Can anyone confirm if using the VG224 in a UCM 8.0 deployment will require a UCL for each analog phone connected via the vg224?  I know in the past no DLUs were required when using a VG224....just unsure with these UCL licenses.

My understanding is that with UCL you need to buy a $40 license (ANLG-DEV-ADD Analog/App Only Device Add-on) for each analogue device you connect regardless of whether it is connected to an ATA, a VG2xx or to an FXS module in an ISR.

For the original posters requirements (600 analogue phones) the licenses below would be required (have assumed 2 x 7825 CUCM servers)

I would ask the Cisco UCL Product Management team to confirm this but I am still waiting for a response from them on a question re. licensing for EM users that was raised two months ago!

Hi

Do we have any confirmation on whether analog phones connected to a VG224 would need licenses when the licensing structure is UCL?

Rgds

Sumesh

When the VG224 is confirgured as an MGCP gateway, the phones connected to it do not require licenses (DLUs)

But when its configured as SCCP, the end-points require 1 DLU per analog device, just like an ATA187

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: