Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing Question

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

We are in the process of renewing our Smartnet and I wanted to make sure that what I think we don’t need we really don’t before I tell my manager to get rid of it. The 3 items in question are below and thank you for your help.

public space non-app phone add-on for uwl= I know we don't need this one because public space is no longer used.

analog non-app device add-on for uwl= I don't think I need this one because we have 25 essential licenses.

CCX 8.5 Promo Bundle available only with NEW CUCM or BE6000= I don't know if I need this or not because we already have 50 premium seats purchased

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Smartnet is for your Hardware and SWSS is for your License and software. Hope you are renewing both.

If you are renewing  SWSS, you need to renew all your existing license  otherwise later if you upgrade to newer version you won't be able to upgrade those licenses.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Smartnet is for your Hardware and SWSS is for your License and software. Hope you are renewing both.

If you are renewing  SWSS, you need to renew all your existing license  otherwise later if you upgrade to newer version you won't be able to upgrade those licenses.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: