cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limitation on CSQs

anupama78
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4 users who need to be added on ICD with their Personal Queues. Unfortunately we reached a maximum of CSQs – 25(MCS-7835).I understand that the MCS-7845 supports 75 CSQs.I wanted to know if there was anyway we could get around it with a script? Or can a single CSQ be used variedly among different users by adjusting the script.

Thanks

Anupama

6 Replies 6

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

The Cisco party line: you need a MCS-7845.

The real answer: the platform won't actually stop you from adding more CSQs. The guidelines envision more than one person in a CSQ, so it's probably not a big deal. You should understand it will put you outside of the officially supported environment and you may have problems getting help from TAC if it breaks down.

The future answer: IPCC Express 4.0 will have some functionality to send calls to specific agents without having to dedicate a skill and a CSQ. It's not going to be quite as powerful as Select Resource but it'll be something, and it'll scale lots better than what we've got now. From what I've told, we'll see IPCC Express 4.0 sometime very early next year.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.I understand that there can be more than one person in a CSQ.However since we need Personal CSQs,it would be like one person per CSQ.

The platform does seem to stop us from adding more CSQs,because with the 25th CSQ,the "ADD a CSQ" link disappears from the screen.

We will wait for 4.0 or go with a MCS-7845.

Thanks again

Anupama

I'm curious what version of IPCC Express you have? The one customer I've had to go outside of spec for has the same need for "Personal Queues", and they have about 50 CSQs on a MCS7835H. They have IPCC Express 3.1(2) with CallManager 3.3(4).

Version 3.0.

3.0 goes to 25.

3.1 goes to 100, then add disappears.

100 CSQ's are NOT supported per Cisco.

That's right.We have 3.0.3a sp-D.I saw this bug - CSCdz55079 which explains the disappearance of the Add link.

Thanks for all the input.

Anupama

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: