Views
Helpful
Replies

Line Group/Hunt List to Voicemail

mgable
Level 1
Level 1

CallManager 4.0

I set up a Line Group (then Hunt List then Pilot) to make a broadcast call to several extensions. If no one answers, I want the call to go to a voice mailbox. How do I accomplish this? I've tried several combinations of things, the end result after no one answers is a busy signal.

I've searched this site as well and, if there is an answer here, I'm obviously not searching for the correct verbiage.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Have your tried configuring your huntlist with an additional LineGroup which consists of the Voicemail ports.

Configuring the HuntOptions for your orignal Line group to skip remaining members and go directly to the next group, and the next group will be the group containing the voicemail ports.

The voicemail should follow the original called party which was the huntgroup pilot, and providing a mailbox exists for this pilot then you should be able to leave a VM.

Do tell us if this worked please????

I have used this setup with most 4.1 installations, and works everytime. Remember the Hunt Pilot of the hunt list has to be either a subscriber or alternate extension. This is unless you've configured a specific Call Handler.

Allan.

joepapesh
Level 1
Level 1

I was getting a busy signal intermittently, and I think the culprit was the RNA timeout on the Line Group matching the RNA of the Hunt Pilot. So, I just made the RNA of the Line Group higher than the desired RNA timeout that I had implemented on the Hunt Pilot.

Joe, I was having this same exact issue, and your suggestion appears to have resolved the issue...5 points for you!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: