cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

List of AXL bugs

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

We all know AXL isn't exactly as great as it's hyped to be and since we're all bound to run into the same issues, why not compile a list of what's wrong. It'll also make pressuring Cisco into fixing AXL once and for all easier.

So I'll go first:

User: the <firstname> and <lastname> element are written <firstName> and <lastName> respectively when you make a getUser despite the documentation saying otherwise. adduser and updateuser use the proper notation.

CCM Version: 4.1.3

35 Replies 35

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

@edit: scratch that. It appears that shareLineAppearanceCSS = CSS of a DirectoryNumber (or Line in the ccmadmin pages)

Hmm.. why can't I edit my posts anymore?

Either way, this time it's not a false alarm:

In getDeviceProfile:

The 4.1.3 documentation says one return element is phoneTemplate with an uuid attribute. However, in the response, there's a phoneTemplateID element without attributes instead and the uuid is given as text of the phoneTemplateID element.

In addDeviceProfile, the service then expects the proper phoneTemplate with an uuid.

Another one: The following XML is invalid, yet it is accepted:

http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0 http://gkar.cisco.com/schema/axlsoap.xsd" sequence="1234">

Device

true

ttestname

The result is a new line 12345, forward to voicemail is set but everything below is ignored (alertingname and duration). What should happen is an error that the statement is invalid as alertingName must come after callForwardNoAnswer.

gilbera
Level 1
Level 1

When adding/updating a HuntPilot it accepts and updates all values bar ForwardNoAns and Busy.

It returns sucess but does to make any changes to them

Andy

Hi,

what about updateCallPickupGroup for updating members in CCM 4.1(3). I have experienced that if I want to update the list and don't include the currently being updated callpickupgroup it deletes itself from the list, and if I include it in the update list then I get duplicate value error. I am wondering if this is a bug. Anyone encountered this?

thanks.

cheers,

alej

In CCM 4.2 method "listUserByName" is not working with "*" character.

If we search for lastname = "*" CCM answers with BAD SEARCH FILTER.

My workaround is to change "*" to "* " because this filter seems to work. (But not sure...)

Note that in CCM 4.1 this method was not bugged!!!!

zacharyshaw
Level 1
Level 1

CCM Version 4.2

in XCallForward info the duration element can be a negative number.

orig =

DB: Derived from CF*VoiceMailEnabled fields.

Only the uuid attribute is read by the AXL API.

Applicable only for callForwardNoAnswer and callForwardAlternateParty,Value "-1" in the response indicates that the CM will use the default setting

new =

DB: Derived from CF*VoiceMailEnabled fields.

Only the uuid attribute is read by the AXL API.

Applicable only for callForwardNoAnswer and callForwardAlternateParty,Value "-1" in the response indicates that the CM will use the default setting

CCM 4.2

When making a getLineReq in complexType GetNumPlanPattern pattern is defined as nillable="false" this should be changed.

orig =

Abstract

Some NumPlans do not require a Route Filter, thus these elements can be null.

new =

Abstract

Some NumPlans do not require a Route Filter, thus these elements can be null.

CCM 4.2

GetPhone issue - in complexType = "XPhone" the numberOfButtons element in CM can actually be a string.

orig =

new =

CCM 4.2

GetPhone issue - in complexType="XIPPhone"

the element:

CM can put a 0 in that element.

should be

CCM 4.2

in complexType XPhone - it's simply missing this information

modified the complexType by adding the phoneTemplateId under numberOfButtons

CCM 4.2

ComplexType="ListUserByNameRes"

THERE IS NO ldapRN attribute

move userid attribute to where ldapRN is!

orig =

The is element will contain all the users who matched the search string supplied by listUserByName. For each user returned, the user's ldapRN, firstname, and lastname is specified.

modified =

The is element will contain all the users who matched the search string supplied by listUserByName. For each user returned, the user's ldapRN, firstname, and lastname is specified.

CCM 4.2

in AddPhoneReq there are 2 problems with XCallingSearchSpace

in the schema it requires the XCallingSearchSpace to have a name. This is not actually required (or was just causing me a bug in my java code)

orig=

new=

in addition members can also be null.

orig =

new =

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: