cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Locking IP Phones

sstatho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, A customer asks for the ability to lock an IP Phone when the user is out of the office. They would like to have normal incoming calls (coleagues may answer or pickup) but no outgoing calls. When back to office he can unlock it an use it normaly. Any ideas? Does CCM support commands or features through DTMF? For example a user can lock the phone by pressing *31* and unlock it by pressing *31<code>*. This could work on any phone... Thanks, Stathis

7 Replies 7

jirka.novak
Level 1
Level 1

You can change Calling Search Space for this phone. I wrote small application for this. But it work offline. Each evening it changes for some phones CSS to "restricted" and each morning it returns it back. It is written in perl and I think it is easy to customise it as Service for IP phone.

Hello Jirka,

Thanks, for the idea. It sounds interesting but there is a small problem. We cannot make Services for every phone. A 7910 and third party phones does not support XML. So We cannot perform it on any phone... Thanks for the try. :-)

Stathis

Hi,

And using of a WWW/HTML application is possible? It requires Web browser near to each phone or phone from which you would like to use locking.

And did you try JTAPI. You can make application to which you will call and it will lock/unlock calling phone.

Note: after each change of CSS you have to restart (reregister) phone to CCM. But it can by done by program easily.

Hello Jirka,

Can you please send me an example of your Perl Script in order to take an idea about this? My email is sstatho@algosystems.gr. Thanks in advance,

Stathis

f-vanryckeghem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you tried to resolve that problem with the extension Mobility feature. You will have an idle mode where the IP phone would only be able to make calls inside the company (with the calling search space). When the user is at his desk, he logs in with his extension mobility account and he will have all the features of his profile.

It should work.

Regards

Frederic

Hello Frederic,

This is our current solution. The problem is that it cannot support non XML devices such as 7910, analog phones and third party IP Phones. It would be the desirable solution if there was DTMF controled support for commands. Like this we could place any feature to any phone. Thanks for the answer, Stathis

I have a similar need and would really appreciate some Perl snippets to help me along, that is if it is not too much trouble...

roharvey@flemingc.on.ca

Thank You,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: