cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Long Distance Auth Codes

lbadman
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found an easy substitute for auth codes for long distance calls? In the centrex world, you're prompted for a tone and then the code is entered for call billing. Last I knew, Cisco developers didn't consider this a priority.

5 Replies 5

robrhodes
Level 3
Level 3

Three ways to do this that I am aware of:

1)Use route patterns as auth codes (messy and doesn't prompt the end-user)

2)Use IP-IVR, I've been told by Cisco SEs that this works - haven't looked at the script yet though and don't know what this does to CDR.

3)There are 3rd party XML apps which can do the call auth and tracking. My company has one such that has won at Cisco's XML bake-off. Hooks into billing apps on the back-end as well.

Rob

D you have any info on your XML app available?

IP IVR works just fine.

Instead of putting the IVR on a pots dialpeer, you just put it on a voip dial peer.

The scripts are the same, and there is no problems with the CDR's

If you dont want prompting and 2 stage dialling, you can have the script using the callingnumber or originating ipaddress as the authentication code.

A nice feature is to have the script using calling number first, and if that fails then prompt for a callingcard number. This will work fine in a scenario with registred staffphones, and nonregistred public campus phones.

My company makes the backend billingsystem, and we have customers doing all of the above solutions, universities as well.

Rene Bo Christensen

www.digiquant.com

Do you know of any literature that will explain how to setup the IPIVR to do this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: