cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mandatory information element missing

rlbrumm
Level 1
Level 1

receiving Cause i = 0x81E0 - Mandatory information element missing on a 2621 XM router for forwarding to external number. resolutions welcome.

8 Replies 8

carl.newman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

Are you working with an ATT megacom LD PRI?

Carl

No, It is a direct PRI connecting to a Nortel Meridian Option 81 PBX to go out to the carrier. This was working last week and it odes work form IP phones..

verify that all digits required to route call to Pbx are forwarded. also verify that there is no changes on the Pbx configuration especially those concern the Pri port and the restriction table used to forward call from the Pri port to external carrier.

No restrictions. Can dial other external numbers fine and other IP phones forward to external numbers fine.

Carl,

I'm just curious is there anything special with ATT megacomm LD PRI's because one of our customer has that and had some international dialing issue after we upgrade their CM from 3.3.4 to 4.1.2

Even I got the same error message "Mandatory element IE missing" but I fixed it by changing the RP from 9.011 to 9.@

If there is something I;m missing let me know.

Thanks

Bala

I ran into an issue with CCM 4.02 with a set of CMM blades. I found out that Cisco did not provide support for the Megacomm feature in the CCM. I had to have the trunk worked as a standard trunk to be able to make a call.

The issue you are talking about is with ATT expecting you to change your dial plan type (National/ISDN) on the fly based on the type of call. I suspect you are running MGCP.

Carl

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using CCM for this integration? If so are you using NI2? If so try changing the CCM GW config, not the router, to use dms100.

Mike

It is already set up this way. This was working until last Thursday. Then after resetting everything, CCM's, routers, PBX trunks,,, it still does not function going through the Hunt group.. It is like a secoondary forward has been turned off.