Views
Helpful
Replies

Manual reset **#** not functioning

joveroc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I cannot get the manual reset code to work. When I enter it, it enters it on the screen like it is a telephone number. And doesn't reset it. It used to work before, I think it may be the new phone load. I am running CCM 3.3(4) SR2 w/ app load P00307010200 on 7940/7960 phones. Does anyone know how to restore it or has ran into this issue before?

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

It's a new thing with the 7.x loads. People wanted to be able to do on-hook dialing of patterns that started with * or #, for feature codes and the like. Now, in order to command the phone to reset, you need to be in the Settings menu so that the phone knows that you're not on-hook dialing. Touch the Settings button and then do the **#** sequence, and the phone should reset.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

It's a new thing with the 7.x loads. People wanted to be able to do on-hook dialing of patterns that started with * or #, for feature codes and the like. Now, in order to command the phone to reset, you need to be in the Settings menu so that the phone knows that you're not on-hook dialing. Touch the Settings button and then do the **#** sequence, and the phone should reset.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the change.