cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet-me connection

j-lagunas
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CM 3.14(b), we have an extension number asigned for meet-me, the problem is when i dial from PSTN to this extension number, hardly ever the call is connected, the question here, is possible dial from PSTN to meet-me extensión?

5 Replies 5

munatara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For a PSTN to call into Meet-me, the conference has to be up by then. For that, one IP Phone user has to go off-hook, press Meet-Me softkey and then dial the Meet-Me number. Has the Meet-me conf is up when the PNTN calls in?

j-lagunas
Level 1
Level 1

Yes the Meet-me conf is up when somebody calls from PSTN.

When you say, "the conference has to be up by ten", we must to have 9 users in the meet-me before somebody from PSTN dial the Meet-me phone number?.

We test yesterday with two users in Meet-me conf, when other user dial from PSTN, the PSTN phone looks like connected but he isn´t in the conference, and in the same situation hardlyever the call from PSTN can be connect, with the same two users in Meet-me conf

First thing I would check is the Media Resource Group that your PSTN gateway is assigned to. If the PSTN gateway has no MRGL or even possibly a different MRGL than the Meet-Me Conference, you could see that symptom.

I'm pretty sure you can't start a MeetMe Conference from the PSTN. It has to be started from a phone that has the softkey "MeetMe".

Hi,

The above requirement of starting the MeetMe conference through an external phone(PSTN) along with authentication,limit of users per conference and scheduleing feature IS POSSIBLE through an application and we have done it.