Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet Me Number with Authentication or Authorization

chan-kuen.hui
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have configured a Meet Me number. But everyone can dial the meet me number to join the meet me conference.

Is there any way to configre an authentication code which only distribute to those people to join the meet me conference.

Thanks

C.K.

1 Reply 1

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are a few ways. Once way to do it natively in CCM is:

1) Create a new partition to secure the conference and assign it to the MeetMe number

2) Create and assign a CSS with that partition to the MeetMe initiator(s) (also include other partitions this caller would need, of course).

3) Create a Translation Pattern of 1xxxx.xxxx (assuming 1 does not overlap with other things in your dial plan and you have a 4 digit extension assigned to the MeetMe Conference). Put this TP into a partition accessible by all. Choose 'block this pattern'. Create another translation pattern of 12345.2222 (where 12345 is the access code and 2222 is the MeetMe number). Also put this TP into a partition accessible by all. Route this translation pattern, give the translation pattern a CSS that includes the new partition(s) created for the MeetMe numbers, and discard pre-dot. Of course, the auth code part and the extension part can be any length. Start the TP with a digit or digits that do not overlap with your current dial plan.

The reason for the wild-card translation pattern is so that if someone is guessing at codes they won't get reorder until they've completed dialing. The specific TP allows access to the MeetMe conference only by dialing the correct digits. For additional MeetMe numbers/auth codes just copy the specific TP and replace the code part with the new auth code and the DN part with the MeetMe DN. Make sure all MeetMe partitions are in the CSS assigned to the TP. Note that the MeetMe originator needs the restricted partition in their CSS in order to initiate the conference.

Another way to limit access is to create MeetMe numbers per department and put them in a partition specific to that department. Give users in that dept a CSS that includes that partition. Now those users can just dial in to the MeetMe but others can't (they don't have permission to dial that number b/c they don't have that partition in their CSS).

You can also use CRS (IP-IVR) to enforce auth codes, or Unity. With Unity you can require the callers to record their names and have Unity play the name in the conference before connecting the caller (name announce). The administration of an auth code is a bit cumbersome in Unity, however. You could use the TP approach above to get the call to Unity, then have Unity record the name and transfer to the MeetMe number. CTI and/or Unity ports need to have the MeetMe partitions in their CSS.

Don