Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet me!!!???

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

I have two questions.

Can I create password for meet-me feature when user dial in to conference??? For instance, dial 1234(meet me), and then ask user to enter password to join conference.

Second question, I create one of DID number for meet-me, but outside caller could not initate the call. I have to initate conference inside our company by using IP Phone first. Can this issue be solved??

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

jgentsch
Level 1
Level 1

There is no password feature for MeetMe. Conference Connection is the software that allows the password functionality of conferecing. MeetMe conferences must allows be initiated by an IP Phone on the network first before anyone from the outside can dial in. There is no way around this.

jschweizer
Level 1
Level 1

You can not create a password for the meetme, but if you have a VM system such as Unity you can use it as a work around by:

put the meetme in a partion that only VM, and the conference initator can get to.

Give Unity an ext that every can call

set that ext. the tranfer to the meetme numbe with a supervised transfer. Use th following settings- "ask callers name", "annouce", and "confirm"

This will beep into the conf and say the callers name then ask if you want to accept or reject.

This is no a password but it allows you to know each person as they get in and to disallow people from joining that shouldn't be there.

Hopes this helps.

Thanks for reply guys, this is very helpful.

I have one question for Conference Connection? Is a free download software like attendent console or extenstion mobility??

Thanks