cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetme conference with password enabled

tomchan
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to add password to a meetme conference. Believe the current setting in CCMv4.1(3) is not able to support it. Any workaround for the solution? Thanks.

8 Replies 8

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

I don't believe you can set a pwd.

Since pstn caller cannot access meetme, it is only internal phones that can start a meetme. You can setup P/CSS so only certain phones can access meetme.

Only internal ip phone users can initiate a Meetme conference, then PSTN callers can join Meetme conference afterward. Thanks.

Hi

If you need to have password enabled for meetme, you need unity. Which will ask users to enter password or conference ID.

Cheeers

how you can set up unity with Meetme?

Is it going to a Unity Audiotext or sub's conversation?

Can you provide a short callflow on this?

Thx

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

MeetMe is to Notepad, as MeetingPlace is to Word. You get what you pay for. You need to look at MeetingPlace for Rich Media Conferencing.

I wonder if there is a way to use Forced Authorization Codes with MeetMe. I'm trying to think of a way to do it, but I can't figure out how to use a MeetMe extension as a route pattern where I could set up a code... and yes, I would love to know how to use Unity to accomplish this.

I agree that MeetMe is Notepad and MeetingPlace is Word, but it is fun to try to get around these limitations. ;)

Keith

I think you can also use a IPCC script to do this as well. Does anyone have a script they're currently using for this purpose?

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

There are a few options, even in CCM 3.3.

Take a look at the thread at:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Archive&topic=Voice%20and%20Video&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dda017f

Let me know if this helps by rating the post.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: