Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP problems with CCM 4.1(2) & C2801

kdotzoltan_2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a CallManager 4.1(2) witha Cisco 2801 acting as a IOS MGCP voice gateway.

The latter has two E1 interfaces, for two different TSPs, four FXO ports, but only 56 voice resources. Thus above the four FXO lines I have 28 channels for S0/SU3/DS1-0 (E1/0 for short) and 25 channels for S0/SU3/DS1-0 (E1/1 for short).

Until yesterday, everything worked fine, just as expected, but since yesterday I've got complaints, that about half of the calls from the outside to numbers assigned on E1/0 respond with a busy tone to the caller, ring once inside on the called number, but disconnect immediately afetrwards. There is no problem calling out on E1/0, and calls still work both ways on E1/1.

By looking at the traces, I've found a large number of MGCP errors related to E1/0:

CRCX, return_code: 400

this is a generic, "transient" create connection error.

Then I looked to the router, and #show mgcp statistics (with system resource check enabled) told me, that indeed there are a number of CreateConn rx failures, but also, that none were rejected by SRC. Thus it can't be a resource problem (there aren't really that many active calls at once, to cover all 28 channels)

I also tried modifying channel order in CallManager from top down to bottom up and vice versa, but no luck.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Zoltan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Do you have "pri-group timeslots 1-30 service mgcp" configured for both controllers?

I had a similar problem when i configured only 25 channels to save DSP resources and Telco instead of sending the calls in the top down order a couple of weeks after the installation decided to choose a random channel instead and i had lots of calls failing on the last 5 channels.

You can do debug isdn q931 and see if your calls are failing on specific channels.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Zoltan,

I am quite sure, but I think that 2801 only supports one E1, i.e., only supports 30 digital voice calls. You would need a 2811 at least.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Hi,

sorry, if I might not have been explicit enough. The module is a VWIC-2MFT-E1, a two-port E1 module. The 2801 supports it, allocates the appropriate resources (I have a 48, and an 8 channel PVDM, offering 56 voice channels on g711 as mentioned above) and most importantly, it was working fine a few days ago, has currently 2 weeks uptime, but the configuration is working for at least a month now.

Also, CCM is 4.1(2)sr1, as that is needed for 2801 MGCP support in CCM.

thanks,

Zoltan

Hi,

Do you have "pri-group timeslots 1-30 service mgcp" configured for both controllers?

I had a similar problem when i configured only 25 channels to save DSP resources and Telco instead of sending the calls in the top down order a couple of weeks after the installation decided to choose a random channel instead and i had lots of calls failing on the last 5 channels.

You can do debug isdn q931 and see if your calls are failing on specific channels.

This is just what we suspected all along, however I tried both top-down and bottom up ordering, and that din't help. Thus I dissmissed the idea.

I only had 28 channels available for that TSP indded, and I couldn't change that in the daytime, as you know, modifying pri channels is a pain in the .. anyway, it would have taken too much time, with both telco lines down (as I had to take away some channels from the other one, to compensate. See my case in the first post)

Now I fixed it this way, as the other telco seems to behave "the right way", and that line isn't quite as used anyway. I just hope, tomorrow morning everything will work out fine :) (as I had to make the changes remotely)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: