Views
Helpful
Replies

MIBs for MCS server CPU and memory utilization

kim-yin_tay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a IP Telephony setup at the customer site, with Call Manager software running on Compaq MCS 7825/35 servers.

Are we able to monitor the CPU utilization and memory utilization of Compaq servers by polling the MIBs via SNMP ?

I search thru' the MIB list on the below mentioned website but was unable to find CPU utilization or memory utilization MIB for the MCS server.

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/callmanager/callmanager-supportlist.html

Anybody could advice on this issue ?

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

You can successfully monitor cpu utilization and memory utilization in Compaq MCS 7825/35 servers by polling MIBs via Snmp.

MCS supports Real-time and historical application performance monitoring through operating system tools and SNMP. The following document explains the same:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/nemnsw/callmn/prodlit/callm_ds.htm

Hope this helps!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my query. However, could you point me to the MIB which i should be monitoring ?

The url you pointed out is an introductory document to Call Manager 3.1 and does not elaborate on the MIB details. It just mention that there are MIBs available.

What i needed is the MIB name and instance so that i could use a software like MRTG to poll the particular MIB ?