Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate content server 5.3 to VM 6.1

mzabrows1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am going to be migrating a Cisco Content Server to a virtual environment, version 5.3 to version 6.1.  All of the documentation I am reading says to bring up a Windows 2008 R2 server.  My question is can I use Server 2012 or do I have to use 2008?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A Windows 2008 R2 is required for this installation. Windows 2012 will not work and has not been tested.

- Chad

Note, it needs to be Windows 2008 R2 Standard, and the Enterprise version isn't supported.

Here is the 6.1 Install Guide that goes over the prerequisites.  Since then 6.2 has been released, everything is the same regarding the software versions, except the addition of adding in 3rd party spec based support for the types of servers the TCS application be installed on.  You'll need to provide all VMWare and Windows licenses as Cisco only provides the TCS software.  You'll also need purchase the TCS appliance to VM migration if not done so already R-VMTCS-MIG-K9=.

Hi!

2012 does not work. TCS Software is still using MSSQL 2005... :-(

Kind regards.

The version installed with the TCS installer is SQL 2005, but if you want run a TCS cluster you can run SQL 2008.  We run 2008 R2 in our environment with no issues.