cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating 2.4(6) to 3.02 questions

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a pilot 2.4(6) system that the customer wants to migrate to 3.02. This is a test system that the customer wants to format and start over with. A couple of questions: The customer has an extensive call handler (40+ connected call handlers) we had to build. Is there a way to back this up and import the call handlers into Unity 3.02? Secondly, do I need anything more than the Unity 3.02 CDs and the upgrade code for the hardware key? Thanks in advance.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

There are migration tools on the Unity 3.0 CDs that do exactly what you are looking for. They will back up most of the Unity data on your 2.4.6 system and then it can be imported into a freshly installed Unity 3.0 system. Your extensive call handler tree will be intact.

I don't think there is any other equipment needed for this upgrade, but you should consult the Unity doc mentioned below to be sure.

This upgrade is not trivial, so in general I highly recommend you read this doc to make sure you have all your bases covered:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity30/inst/inst302/inst_030.htm

Not applicable

Make sure you run the latest import and export pair. Primary Fax number caused the import to blowup in the 3.0.3 CD set. This may or may not be corrected in the later version.

Chris Calaprice
Manager Engineering, Networked Solutions
Expanets - Southern CA, Nevada, Pacific North West
Office:661.775.2450
chris.calaprice@expanets.com