Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from CCM 4.1 to CCM 6.1.2

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Netpros,

We have contracted an integrator to perform this task tomorrow. They have advised me to make sure all phones are connected on the migration day to avoid licenses issues. I have 500 connected phones and also 110 spare phones on the comms room. The 110 phones have already been added to CCM 4.1 when purchased even though they have not been registered yet.

Because the 110 phones are already in the CCM database and therefore are in the DMA backup taken last week. I don't have to run around like a chuck without head plugging the spare phones as well as the integrator suggested right ..?

Your input is much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no, the phones indeed don't need to be registered to be migrated with DMA, they only need to be configured properly in you CCM server beforehand.

you can plug them after the migration is done and they will only upgrade the FW version and start working

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no, the phones indeed don't need to be registered to be migrated with DMA, they only need to be configured properly in you CCM server beforehand.

you can plug them after the migration is done and they will only upgrade the FW version and start working

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: