cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Minimum MPLS WAN requirements

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, a customer of mine is based over two sites. They currently have a publisher and subscribe on the main site with an SRST router on the other site but as they now have a couple of hundred phones on the second site they are looking to install a subscriber server there.

Does anyone know the minimum recommendations for the MPLS WAN link between the two sites? I have read for clusters of CCMs that the WAN link is a minimum of 1.544meg. Would it be the same in my senario?

Thanks in advance, Paul.

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The scenario you're describing is called clustering over the WAN. You have one Callmanager cluster that is spread over WAN links. I haven't seen a direct recommendation for link bandwidth as this is highly dependent on how much voice and other traffic will traverse the link. The recommmendation for delay is no more that 40ms roundtrip. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_2/srnd4_2/uc4_2/42models.htm#wp1045846

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Yes bandwidth won't matter if you dont get at least 40ms round trip time. so if you have a site in LA and one in NY the round trip time will be more than 40ms 1800 miles is about the farest you can go between call managers, you would be better off rebuilding the remote site as a stand alone and syconizing the 2 systems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: