Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Connect issue

moe2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Members, 

I do have a question regrading remote destination profile and remote destination (Mobility Connect). The scenario is I do have range of DID from provider and range of DN numbers that are can make calls locally only (internal DNs). we are using SIP. 

Phone A have an option RD activated can call to Mobile 

Phone B have DID phone.

Phone C have internal DN (Local extension).

Now when B calls A Mobile rings no problems. 

but when C calls A mobile does not ring! provider blocks number not in the DID range. 

I thought of few solutions and please can you verify them if it is possible or the best solution to this problem.

1- Can I when C calls A make mobile ring using A's extension number ?

2- Can I forward A to D (DID number) when C calls A transfer's C to D and make D (DID number) make the call to mobile. 

3- Or change route pattern or translation pattern new partition new CSS. like Should I create group DNs that linked to DID when external calls needed. if so how is it done?

What do you guys recommend? 

many thanks. 

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like your provider is doing ANI screening and not allowing calls from DIDs they don't own, so you'll need to mask the caller ID with a good number, i.e. main number. Simply change the external phone number mask on Phone C DN to a real DID.

I did try that Chris it did not work 

In fact, now I have another problem instead of using Mobile Connect I would say I just use Forward all soft key to a cell phone but either that I am able to forward calls internally but not external (cell phone).

When I forward the call the calls go directly to CUC because that's how we integrated our system. on the other hand, I tried to make system call handler and transfer rule making CUC make a call to cell phone but that did not work either.

Just curios, whats the behavior when you configure the Phone C with External Number Mask of you main board/Bill number

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

I do have range of 100 numbers DID. and many of internal numbers and when I try to go to DN Line configuration to External Mask Number and assign it to real DID number it does not work.

You need to provide more details than just "it did not work", what do you hear, what do you see on the voice gateway/CUBE?  If you have SIP trunk collect "debug ccsip messages" and let us know the calling and called number, if you have PRI post "debug isdn q931".

I went to Line DN configuration and Changed the external mask number to DID number (main). Usually when I do that to DID number on the phone screen above the Line DN I can see the masked number but when I do it to the internal number it does not change anything, When I call external number (cell phone) using internal given CSS permission to call Mobile. I cannot hear anything for maybe 30 seconds then I get busy sound the call is dropped. 

I will try to debug and provide it here.