Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH Hiss noise!!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

We have a song for our MOH, but after converting, it deupgrade quality a lot. We will hear "Hiss" noise in the song.

Is there any way to fix it?? Can I use any 3rd party equipments, software, media stream server or anything to fix this problem???

Any suggestions will be appreicated!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

6 Replies 6

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

It has been my experience that hiss, etc is introduced due to the quality and/or type of file you are trying to convert. Commercial digital (CDs, etc) tend to work the best. What kind of file are you converting? Once you convert it I don't think there is anything else that you can do. You have to get a good conversion. There may be issues with the sample that are not readily audible but become more pronounced after the conversion. Have you tried any other files?

Hope this helps

Please remember to rate all replies

I finally got .cda file and convert to wav file.

I still get distoration at the MoH.

Is there any external device to play MoH with CallManager???

Any suggestions will be appreicated.

Thanks a lot!!!

Ken

Have you tried MOH files from cisco? It comes on CD and part of CallManager package.

I have no problem the music from CCCM package.

Actually, my music on hold is a song not just a music. Is that cause the problem..

Thanks

kevinmccarron
Level 1
Level 1

The moh audio translator converts the file to 8khz, 8 bit, mono so any stereo file that has a lot of high aplitude in the file has the high points cut off. That causes the hiss. Try to get something recorded in mono or hang a USB sound card off the back of the call manager to bring in a live music source.

Kevin,

Thanks for reply.

Can you tell how to set up a live music with USB sound card???

Many Thanks

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: