cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH problem in Remote Site

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CUCM and a remote site. Every configuration in CUCM in my opinion is correct.

We have a SIP Trunk configured between the CUCM and the Remote sites VG and a SIP Trunk from the Remote sites VG to the ITSP.

1) MoH is being played between IP phones in the remote site.

2) MoH is being played between IP phones from Central site where CUCM is located and IP phones in remote site and vice versa.

3) MoH is NOT being played between calls made from the remote site to the PSTN through the SIP provider and vice versa.

Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With Unicast there isn't much config needed on gateway, just make sure there is an MRGL assigned to gateway added on cucm with MOH server added to it, try resetting the SIP trunk. Also, be aware of the following bug with Unicast MOH with similar symptoms ( try the workaround ).

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtl21854/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you verify your MoH related config as per the following doc specific to SIP trunk related MoH issue

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-border-element/116392-technote-product-00.html

HTH

Manish

We have Unicast MoH and not multicast.

We have 1 site with H.323 and MoH works fine from or to the BRI PSTN.

We have another site with SIP and we don't have MoH when calls are from or to the ITSP SIP PSTN.

We have G.711 everywhere.

Something that I've noticed is that when I type the command "show voip rtp connections" and MoH is pressed below Remote IP is 0.0.0.0 and when in an active call there is the IP of the IP phone. Shouldn't I see the IP of the CUCM when in MoH?

VoIP RTP active connections :
No. CallId     dstCallId    LocalRTP    RmtRTP       LocalIP              RemoteIP                                                  
1   3041       3045          19316          18118           192.168.61.1     192.168.61.1                           
2   3042       3043          18118           19316          192.168.61.1     192.168.61.1                           
3   3043       3042          16830           18318         Local Public IP   Remote Public IP                       
4   3046       3045          16384             0                192.168.61.1      0.0.0.0                                                      
Found 4 active RTP connections

With Unicast there isn't much config needed on gateway, just make sure there is an MRGL assigned to gateway added on cucm with MOH server added to it, try resetting the SIP trunk. Also, be aware of the following bug with Unicast MOH with similar symptoms ( try the workaround ).

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtl21854/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

HTH

Manish

The configurations in the CUCM with the MRGLs and the MRGs are correct.

I saw that the routers version is "150-1.M4.bin" which is in the listed routers that are affected from the Bug you mentioned.

I disabled "ip cef" from the Router with the "no ip cef" command and MoH just Worked.

Thank you my friend.

Good to know that, thanks for updating the post with the resolution.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: