cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH

p-herr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site with pri /cme 4.0 /unity 2.3 music on hold is loud and broken up. I have other sites with pots lines where moh is fine. I have checked the configuration and fine nothing that should cause this. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Phillip,

Are you using a local multi-cast moh via flash or through an external FXS connection? If it's an external source, please provide as much detail on this configuration as possible (ex. external equipment vendors, etc).

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Phillip,

Also it may be possible that you are using G.729 codec which is not optimal for MOH. To test this put an external caller on hold, on the gateway cli run the command "sh call active voice" or "sh voice call summary". Either command will show you the codec. If you are having quality issues than you want to be using G711. If the issue is phone to phone you can do the same test but on the phone that is on hold just double-press the ? button and the call stats will come up. Again you want G711.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Thanks for the reply; the calls ar in g711ulaw codec. The audio is broken up, you can barely distinct what is playing. Do you know what resources MOH uses. The porblem is when the call is on the PRI, even with the beeps, and no MOH, they sound slightly broken up. If you have any other suggestions that would be helpful. This is from flash and it is the same result multicasting or not.

Thanks

ph

Phil, I have a similar problem and setup. Did you get a fix afterwards?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: