cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MRA, Jabber Iphone idle disconnects

csco10799985
Level 1
Level 1

Have deployed Jabber MRA, works fine.  However on all iphones, regardless if end users are on wireless or 4G after about 8-12 hours they get disconnected and have to reopen the app for it to login.  I don't think the APP is crashing, it just shows "Signing on" after it has gone stale.  The Expressway-E has the logs are filled with messaging stating "No SSL error available, probably remote disconnect".

Windows machines don't seem to experience this issue.

Expressway-E/C and IPhone/Jabber client is on the latest version available.

Can't seem to find anything online.  Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

The way I understand it is iphone kills the app in the background, if it notices that the app is consuming more memory. Rumors are this will be fixed in the next release where the app launched automatically.

Please rate useful posts.

I wouldn't use the word "fixed". iOS kills apps in the background when it wants to reclaim memory space for other applications, presumably one in the foreground. Cisco swears there is no mechanism provided by Apple to protect against this. The workaround has been to just relaunch if iOS kills Jabber off. This is a workaround at best since it will end up chewing through battery faster and doesn't work if you have SAML SSO enabled where Jabber cannot cache login credentials.

THANK YOU!

Do you have the same behavior of 8-12 hours disconnects?  Just want to make sure it's the same issue.

Hello,

We are facing the same issue with CUCM 10.5 and Expressway 8.7.1. Jabber version is 11.8. Has there been some resolution to this issue ?

Regards,

Ankit

iPhone Skype app never loses connection.. not sure why Cisco can't figure this one out?

Good question. Feel free to pose that question to your Cisco AM because short of what I stated on this thread previously, no convincing answer seems to exist.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: