Views
Helpful
Replies

MS Teams meeting from Room Kit

jackskid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to join MS Teams meetings from on-prem registered Cisco Room kit devices ?

41 Replies 41

@jackskid 

Yes, Webex Calendar integration with OBTP are required to join Microsoft Teams meetings with no CVI (Which are most of them).

You would only have a need for a Expressway C if you have an on premise Exchange. If you have O365 Exchange you should use the cloud connector for Hybrid Calendar.

This is however only one part of enabling Hybrid Calendar for on premises video devices. For these you must as previously mentioned also setup Edge for devices with the Webex Device Connector.

Please note that it is a few years ago since Cisco stopped writing Webex with a capital second e.

Response Signature

AFAIK If MS teams meeting host has CVI license, meeting invite will have a SIP dial in option. From your On perm registered you can dial the URI and join the meeting.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for you reply.

From the admin hub the video integration for Microsoft Teams is not showing "setup".. Does this means it is not having the required license?

Thanks.

@jackskid 

Microsoft Teams integration on Control Hub means CVI feature which are licensed and need to be acquired.

jackskid
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you everyone for all the support.

We will proceed as discussed here and will post the status.

jackskid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Installed Webex device connector and now we are unable to link a device. It is showing as "Link pending". Please check the attached picture.

a) the device is not in a call and it is in wake state.

b) Webex edge is on.

Thanks 

Can the video device communicate with the cloud services for Webex? Either directly or via a proxy if applicable.

Response Signature

The device can communicate to the cloud services and the internet access has been provided.

Then I’m out of ideas. The video device will try to connect with the cloud Webex services and with CM once you initiate the link process from the Device Connector. One more thing that comes to mind is have you set the provisioning mode of the device to CUCM? If it set to TMS for example it will not work to link it.

What version of CE do you have on the device and is it licensed for encryption?

Response Signature

Provisioning is set as CUCM only.

Is there any command to check from the CLI that it is having the necessary access to cloud services.

from the logs i can see the below message:

INFO c.w.d.c.CloudAwareUcmController - Activation state changed for <device>: ProvisionedInCUCMPending

Any clue....

Recommend you to reach out to TAC for help on this.

Response Signature

Silly question, do your CUCM have contact with the cloud onboarding service? If I’m not wrong there is some checkbox somewhere in the setup for APNS that has something to do with cloud onboarding services. But it’s been awhile since I set this up and I’m not in access of a CM to check as I’m on vacation.

Response Signature

Advanced features>Cisco Cloud onboarding>Enable Activation Code Onboarding with Cisco Cloud

this is the one you are referring to right.. enabled this one and still the same

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: