cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple Multicast streams

chris.mott
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that wishes to have 20 + live multicast streams available for folks on hold. I've been looking about and am running out of ideas. One idea is to use a third-party Multicast server (Linux-based, I think) that can house several PCI sound cards for stream input. Then use the Call Manager MoH Server to increment on address, using the fixed streams as assignements, then use an ACL to block the streams coming from CCM, and assign those same Mc addresses to the streams from the external MoH server. Then the person on hold would actually hear the stream from the external MoH server, not CCM.

This is all conceptual at this point, but I've heard that it is working in the field somewhere, just cannot find the person that did it.

If anyone knows something that could help me here, I'd greatly appreciate it. not only would it help make a sale, but it sounds intellectually intriguing!

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I think you can refer the Samples and Tips , Documentation section in the following link which will give an overall idea for your requirement

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Technologies:Multicast&viewall=true