Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Not Turning off with Notes 5.0.11

tonygauderman
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0.2, integrated with Lotus Notes 5.0.11

If I leave a message for the subscriber, the light goes on. If I listen to the message on the phone, the light stays on. If I listen to a new message view the Notes client, the light goes off. Any ideas on what might be wrong? I did trace Notifier, and don't see the MWI off request when checking from the phone. I have a TAC case open, but am having a little trouble with engineers calling back in a timely manner.

9 Replies 9

tonygauderman
Level 1
Level 1

Reboot fixed the problem, appears TSP or DUCS was not functioning properly.

The problem has come back, and reboots do not fix. Any ideas?

Try refreshing MWIs from the SA. Let me know if that does one of the following: 1) nothing, 2) sets the MWI correctly, but just that once (and as soon as a new message comes in, the MWI is wrong again), or 3) fixes it permanently.

Refresh does work. It looks so far like the Domino server does not send the message to Unity to turn off the light. I have a case open with Cisco and Lotus now trying to see what the problem is. We turned the debug level to the max on the notes mail server, and never see the request to turn MWI off. If you have any thoughts, let me know!

The fact that you get at least one message to turn the light on means that the user got DUCS-enabled on the Domino server and the server knows to send messages. If you leave everything alone for a long period of time (and you don't get any more messages in the meantime), does the light eventually go off? We've seen a problem where the DUCS notification task takes a very long time to process MWIs. They work, just so slowly that they appear broken.

Reversing the order of the Antivirus Application and DUCS in extension manager on the domino server seemed to solve this! DUCS loads first now, and seems to be happy!

FYI - I'm having the exact same issue. The MWIs seem to work only when I force a refresh. I've requested the same modification to extension manager to my Domino admins. I'll let you know if I get the same result.

Have you been fine since you made that change?

The only problems I have had since are mail file ownership issues. You need to make sure that the owner of the mail file is the person whose file it is.. for some reason we had some people that did not own their own mail file, and the lights would not go off.

I think I was running into bug id CSCea72611.

Symptoms: Unity versions 4.x integrated with a Lotus Notes subscriber does not send MWI status.

Conditions: Unity version 4.x with a Domino mailstore.

The DUCS notifier changes the case of the Mail file. The mail file for the affected subscriber in the person document was 'mail\', yet the

Notification for New message contained the mail file 'MAIL\'.