cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI not working, Unity 4.0.2

Jason Pennell
Level 4
Level 4

I have Unity 4.0.2 doing just Voice Messaging and MWI recently stopped working. It's not a calling search space issue it seems to be on the Unity side. When I leave a message for a user then go to that users message properties Subscriber> Messages the lamp is showing as off. If I click the Refresh Now button then it still shows as off. I am also getting the following 2 errors peppered all over the application event log. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

EVT_MSG_MWI_FAILURE_SETMWI

ID: 1031

Source: CiscoUnity_Notifier

Message: Failed to set message waiting lamp for %1, ext %2, switch %3, cluster %4, reason: SetMWI failed with %5. Turn on macro diagnostics for MWI troubleshooting.

Failed to set message waiting lamp for %1, ext %2, switch %3, cluster %4, reason: SetMWI failed with %5. Turn on macro diagnostics for MWI troubleshooting.

Cisco Unity had a problem while attempting to toggle an MWI. This can happen occasionally as part of normal operation, and the MWI request will be retried. If the MWI status remains unchanged for extended periods of time, or if there are many of these warnings from Cisco Unity in a short period of time, there may be an MWI misconfiguration or other problem. See the MWI section in the troubleshooting guide, and contact TAC for assistance if needed.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

Thread 0x0000032C had a Failure on Port 16 in Method CAvTSPAbstraction::Selsius_SetMWI()

DESCRIPTION: HardFailure from lineDevSpecific.

DETAILS:

DestAddress: 6550

State: ON

ErrorCode: 0x80000048.

DestAddress: 6550

State: ON

ErrorCode: 0x80000048

2 Replies 2

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The lamp status on the SA page is what Unity thinks the lamp status is, not what Unity thinks the lamp status should be. With the attempt to toggle MWI, Unity believes that the attempt failed, so the status is not updated.

The failure code appearing is indicative of some error condition from the TSP. Either the TSP got some message from CCM that indicated failure, or it didn't get a message from CCM indicating success. At any rate, TSP and/or CCM traces is a direction to head.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I figured out what was happening. The MWI settings in the System Integration Utility were typed wrong. It all came about because the client wanted to set up new phones for a new branch office using extension numbers that was in the voice port range so they deleted the voice ports in callmanager and recreated them using new numbers. They updated the mwi settings in callmanager but when they updated them in the integration manager they typed them wrong. I corrected them, restarted unity and now everything is good.

Thanks again for the reply. Have a good day!!