cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help for special case!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

There are two secertaries need to answer two excutives when phones ring at the same time. Two excutives share two secertaries.

Orginally, I configured two excutives' extension at two secertaries's phone (share lines). They complaint that it is too confused four phones ring at the same time.

Here is what they want:

excutives one: 1111

excutives two: 2222

secertary one: 3333

secertary two: 4444

IF someone call excutives one, his phone rings first, after three or four rings, it forward to 3333 and 4444 at the same time.

IF someone call excutives two, his phone rings first, after three or four rings, it forward to 3333 and 4444 at the same time.

I call this feature DELAY RING. By the way our Mitel PBX has this feature.

I dont think CCM has this feature, but is there anyway to work around or get closed to this feature??

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First create 2 new VM profiles, one that masks to 1111, and second that masks to 2222

Second create 2 dummy cti ports with any 4 digit extensions, for example 5555, 6666

Apply the VM profiles to these ports repectively, and set callforwardall to VM

Create 2 hunt groups:

hunt group 1:

5555 - always route memeber checked

use broadcast ring algorithm

hunt group 2:

6666 - always hunt member checked

Apply hunt group 1 pilot DN to callforwardNoAnswer and if you want callForwardBusy to 1111, set the RNA timer to 15 seconds

Apply hunt group 2 pilot DN to callforwardNoAnswer and if you want callForwardBusy to 2222, set the RNA timer to 15 seconds

This way for example if call comes in to 1111, the phone will ring for 15 secods, after which it will be forwarded to 3333 and 4444, if none of them answer the call will be directed to 6666 which forwards the call to 1111 vm box.

This solution assumes callmanager 4+, if you have an earlier version you cannot use broadcast hunting, and the RNA timer needs to be global parameter.

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First create 2 new VM profiles, one that masks to 1111, and second that masks to 2222

Second create 2 dummy cti ports with any 4 digit extensions, for example 5555, 6666

Apply the VM profiles to these ports repectively, and set callforwardall to VM

Create 2 hunt groups:

hunt group 1:

5555 - always route memeber checked

hunt group 2:

6666 - always hunt member checked

Apply hunt group 1 pilot DN to callforwardNoAnswer and if you want callForwardBusy to 1111, set the RNA timer to 15 seconds

Apply hunt group 2 pilot DN to callforwardNoAnswer and if you want callForwardBusy to 2222, set the RNA timer to 15 seconds

This way for example if call comes in to 1111, the phone will ring for 15 secods, after which it will be forwarded to 3333 and 4444, if none of them answer the call will be directed to 6666 which forwards the call to 1111 vm box.

This solution assumes callmanager 4+, if you have an earlier version you cannot use broadcast hunting, and the RNA timer needs to be global parameter.

Chris

Chris,

I got a little confuse about hunt group.

Is it under "Cisco CM Attendant Console" --> Pilot Point and Hunt Group

OR

under "Route Plan" --> "Route/Hunt" -->"Hunt List or Hunt Pilot"

I cant create Hunt Group without Pilot Point under "Cisco CM Attendant Console" if you are talking about creating hunt group there. So what is my pilot point number??

My CCM verison is 4.13sr1

Thanks

Either one should work ok.

I would suggest option 2. First create Line Group, including all the DNs, then Hunt List and assign the Line Group to it and last Hunt Pilot, assign the hunt list to the pilot.

These links should help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1064966

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed665.html

Chris