Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help with call transfer!!

etayeb_dd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need help in the following scenario: Someone from upper management always has his 7960 phone set to forward all incoming calls to his assistant. The assistant takes the calls and decides if a call is important enough to the manager to take and transfers the call back to him.

The problem is: The call can not be transferred back from the assistant to the manager because the managers phone is set to forward all calls. It will not accept any calls.

We thought about assigning a second line to the managers phone, but unfortunately this is not an option because of internal policies.

Is there any way to configure the managers phone to accept calls routed to it from the assistants phone?

I am using CCM 4.0(1)sr02a.

2 Replies 2

lisa.albertson
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar situation. The manager was not willing to unforward his phone in order for a call to be transferred back to him. We thought about using IPMA to handle this type of situation, but it was way too complicated for the people that would be using it.

What we ended up doing is assigning the manager's number to the assistant's phone, so calls would always go to her first. Then, on the manager's phone, we set up an internal extension (something that cannot be dialed from outside the building and is not published anywhere...only his admin knows the extension). The manager is still able to make calls out, and the assistant can transfer calls into him, but his phone does not ring unless his assistant misses the call completely. If they both miss the call, it does go into a voicemail box that the manager can then retrieve messages later.

Hope this helps.

etayeb_dd
Level 1
Level 1

Hmmm. I will propose this to the managemant. Thanks for the idea.