cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CME 3.4 (12.4T) and SIP phones

luisso
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone out there been successful with getting the new CME 3.4 to work with SIP phones?

I am testing this on a 2801 router with 12.4(4)T advipservices. I have enabled voip service and sip but it won't take any voice register commands. I am running SCCP on the router. I know this is pretty new so I'm not sure if it's available yet or if I need a different feature set. So far this is the only config I was able to enter:

voice service voip

allow-connections sip to sip

sip

registrar server expires max 600 min 60

Any help will be appreciated.

Luis

5 Replies 5

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Luis,

Check the following weblink for additional testing ideas and configuration steps. Hopefully this will help you out.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008052dd86.html#wp1294464

Steve

thanks man. I've read this guide a million times but my IOS doesn't like any "voice register" comands.

I've gone thru the prerequisites over and over again and supposedly, if you are running CME 3.4 you can run SIP as well but it's just not there...

My platform is a 2801 12.4(T) advipservices

Sorry, I'm no immediate help, but I'm running into the same thing.

Perhaps platform could be an issue...? I have a 2811 i can goof with, so I'll load IOS and see if it presents the appropriate commands. I will post my results as soon as possible.

JOHN SHOEMAKER
Level 1
Level 1

2811 Works! I loaded 12.4(4)T and the commands are available. I will move on to the phones now.

Anyone know how to find a support roadmap for 2801s and CME 3.4?

owesome!!!!!

I will load it tomorrow on a 2811. They must have taken it out of the cheaper plattforms on last minute.

I wanna see if the dialplan is fully integrated with the sccp config, if you can have shared DN-s and if it supports non-cisco phones. But even if none of this is supported, it is a great addition to CME.

thanks...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: