Views
Helpful
Replies

NEW IOS Telephony Services (ITS)

ken.jones
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone used this technology yet?

I saw it at a cisco demo/training lab last week, and it looks great for Small Office Soho environment, without having to buy call manager...

So when is it being released does anyone know?... I am keen to test it and demo it to my customers.

Cheers

Ken

7 Replies 7

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

you can do this with 12.2.8T .

In the 12.2.8T the SRST feature is also involved.

Regards

mehmet

Is this IOS available on CCO for Download?

I was looking for 26xx or 3620 support?

Is'nt there some sort of restriction on this version?

Whats the process to get it for eval?

Cheers

Ken

This IOS is avaliable on CCO i think here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-key

There are good references in:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/ip_ph/ip_ks/ipkey2.htm

Here in Brazil, they are looking to start this product in OCT, we guess.

In Europe it is being limited to Early Field Trial Partners. You need a license for deployment which you cannot currently order without Cisco specifically accepting and verifying

MANUEL HEIANNA
Level 1
Level 1

I download the IOS image 12.2.8(T4) IP PLUS for c2621 and actually its working, without restriction or licence key.

Regards

MaNuk

Please note that a feature license is mandatory for a customer to be entitled to turn on either the ITS and the SRST features in IOS. Please contact myself or Matt Cain and we can guide you appropriately with respect to the IOS Telephony Service feature and where it stands with respect to availability.

Regards

Sarat Khilnani (skhilnan@cisco.com">skhilnan@cisco.com)

Matt Cain (mcain@cisco.com">mcain@cisco.com)

nfracassi
Level 1
Level 1

We are an Italian partner who is entitled to sell the ITS.

We are talking to our customers about the product and they are really enthusiastic about its capabilities. It is great especially in multiple SOHO or SMB environments, or when the customer already owns an ITS enabled platform (175x, 26xx, 36xx).

We have sold ITS to some customers and they're quite happy about it. We had to face important technical problems (voice world and customers are not the same as data customers and problems) but we could manage to solve them.

Customers only say the system still lacks some functionalities compared with traditional PBXs but we're working to solve these problems.

You can check out our Unified Messaging solution for ITS (SSAM) at the website www.stonevoice.com. It really helped us a lot to sell the ITS. Furthermore we are developing a suite of applications for ITS which will add important functionalities to the system, hoping they will help it to grow.

Feel free to contact me for further information

Best regards

Nicola

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: