cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-16ESW-PWR in a 2811

amarc
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have this NM working in a 2811 Router? I have a 2811 running 12.3(11)T3 IPVOICE with the external power supply. I tried several other versions of IOS, same result. The switch ports work fine with workstations, but they will not power the phones. I tested the NM with a 2651XM (Same IOS) and everything worked fine. The -48V LED stays on even when the external PS is diconnected. Is there a command to enable power? Just wanted to check before calling the TAC.

Thanks

14 Replies 14

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

NM-16ESW-PWR and NMD-36ESW-PWRThe 16- and 36-port Ethernet switch modules with power

daughter cards support 48V inline power of IP telephones when either purchased with an

external power chassis or when used with an internal power supply. This combination of

components enables IP phones to be plugged into any EtherSwitch module port. Also, the

integrated inline power for the 10/100BaseTX autosensing ports provides DC power to

devices that can accept power over traditional UTP cabling (such as the Cisco 7900 Family

of IP phones). This allows a standard RJ-45 jack to be powered from this EtherSwitch

module source rather than having a separate plug into an AC wall outlet. Delivery of -48V

power must be made to the 16-port Ethernet switch. This daughter card is required for

inline power. A power supply is also required

PPWR-PS-CHASSISOne power supply chassis for Cisco 48V (360W) power supply

PWR-CHASSIS-360WOne power supply chassis and 48V power supply for EtherSwitch

PPWR-PS-360WOne 48V (360W) power supply for EtherSwitch Modules

You can also go through this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_data_sheet09186a00801aca3e.html

BABARCHE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Have you been able t find a workaround for your problem ?

Because, I meet the same thing and I don't know why ...

Thanx !

Do you have the PoE capable PSU?

PWR-2811-AC-IP

I believe that's a requirement for the PoE cards...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

How do I tell if I have the AC/IP PSU installed in a 2811??

poe enabled psu has a telephone image on it ( where you plug the power cord)

obrien-r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have these running successfully on the 2811 with the same IOS but only IPBASE feature set. I have them powering the 7960 and 7970 phones, but the 7970 will only run at half power. You may need to run the following under the interface:

power inline auto

Cheers

bta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

External PS to power Etherswitch module with the 2800 is not support nor will work. You need to order an internal power supply PWR-2811-AC-IP.

If we use AC/IP power, do we still need the power daughter card of the NM-16ESW ?

Previously, the NM-16ESW-PWR was powered with an external power on an external connector.

With cisco 2821, how is the power injected in the NM ? which connecter does it use on the NM ?

Thanx

Greetings, I have a similar setup (2811 + HWIC-D-9ESW + AC/IP). Trying something...hold a sec.

Andrew,

Like every body else have said, you need to get the AC-IP power supply separately. I think list price on this is 400 $..You have to replace your existing p/s with the AC-IP power supply and it will help powering phones or APs on the NM-16ESW-pwr module.

HTH

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

i have the 9 port version with the ac/ip power supply. I checked the feature navigator fir auto inline power support and it suggested 12.4. I downloaded it and the phones still not powering up.

I have same problem:

Originally, we just ordered NM-16ESW-PWR for 2811, but later we found out we need PWR-2811-AC-IP for inline power.

I replaced the orginal 2811 internal power with PWR-2811-AC-IP (come with one cable), I plug the cable on the mother broad. But I still did not get power for 7960. I post my IOS and show power inline below:

Thanks for help:

IOS: c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.123-14.T2.bin

2811#sh power inline

PowerSupply SlotNum. Maximum Allocated Status

----------- -------- ------- --------- ------

INT-PS 0 160.000 0.000 PS GOOD

EXT-PS 1 0.000 0.000 Ext. PS not supported

Interface Config Phone Powered PowerAllocated

--------- ------ ----- ------- --------------

Fa1/0 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/1 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/2 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/3 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/4 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/5 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/6 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/7 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/8 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/9 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/10 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/11 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/12 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/13 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/14 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

Fa1/15 auto Unknown Off 0.000 Watts

2811#

My IOS doesn't appear to support 'show power inline'.

It turns out that either my ILPM's daughter card came DOA. Will let you know the outcome when the replacement gets here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: