cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No lines on Softphone 1.3 CCM 3.3(3)

joveroc
Level 1
Level 1

I am having difficulty getting lines to appear when I run my softphone. I have gone through the troubleshooting steps in the help file. I have the CTI Port setup, I also have the user name and password correct and associated with the softphone as well as the PC associated. The PC has a real static IP that won't change. I have CTI manager running on both my call managers and both IP set correctly in the advanced tab of the softphone. I still cannot see any lines when I try to run the softphone. This is my first attempt at setting up softphones, any ideas?

4 Replies 4

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

Did you install the CiscoTSP?

Geoff

According to the documentation TSP is installed with the softphone package is it not? I checked the "phones and modems" section on my PC that runs Windows XP Pro and I don't see the Cisco IP PBX Service provider, instead I see the ciscotsp001.tsp which I think I shouldn't be seeing because it tells me to reinstall the softphone which I did. On the softphone cd there is a directory for TSP and 3 folders with setup files. Which TSP do I need to install... Bravo, Encore, or HawkBill?

I don't know about the CDROM, what I did was on CCM Administration select>>>>Application>>>>Install Plugins>>>>Cisco TSP. I seem to remember we had a problem with Cisco SoftPhones after upgrading to 3.3(2). If you had an earlier version of the Cisco TSP you first needed to delete the old version and then add the new version (TSP 3.3). On my computer, using explorer, under program files, there now is a folder labeled Cisco TSP3.3

Good luck

That did it, thanks a lot. Now I notice that the incoming voice on the softphone is very low though when communicating with cell phones. Cisco to Cisco phone is great, going to an analog phone that I have tested created some voice quality issues (crackling, delay) but I will look into that.