cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No logon for CDR Analysis and Reporting

mrpoff001
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using CCM 4.0(2). I installed the CAR plugin on the publisher server. When I select CAR from Tools menu in Serviceability, I do not get a logon dialog. I just get a browser window showing "HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon Failed". I would appreciate any ideas.

Regards,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mike

Have a look at the group membership of IUSR_Guest... it will probably be in the 'Guests' group..

Then have a look at local security policy in admin tools - Guests, another group that IUSR_Guest is a member of, or IUSR_Guest itself will be listed next to Deny log on locally, deny log on as service, or one of the other deny log on groups...

To fix it you can just remove the IUSR from the guests group or modify the security policy.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mike

Have a look in your application and system event logs - these should log an error when you try to access the page.

Post the main text of the error and we should be able to find you a fix...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Here is the error text:

The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'IUSR_Guest' due to the following error: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Hi Mike

Have a look at the group membership of IUSR_Guest... it will probably be in the 'Guests' group..

Then have a look at local security policy in admin tools - Guests, another group that IUSR_Guest is a member of, or IUSR_Guest itself will be listed next to Deny log on locally, deny log on as service, or one of the other deny log on groups...

To fix it you can just remove the IUSR from the guests group or modify the security policy.

Aaron

Aaron,

This worked. Thanks very much for your help.

Mike

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

Mike,

When you click on the CAR from tools menu and after you get the error, check the URL and copy the URL.

Close all open browser windows and then open a new window and paste the URL there.

You should be ok after that. Its a problem with Java session beans.

Regards,

Arijit

Arijit,

Sorry, this didn't work. The new window with the pasted URL displays the same error.

Mike

Mike,

Lets try this out.

Go to Control Panel and then to IIS Administrative screen.

Right click on the CAR. Go to properties->Security.

Uncheck Integrated windows Authenticastion if checked previously.

Also check the Anonymous login and try that out.

Let me know what you see.

Thanks,

Arijit

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Have you changed security policies in the server?This could prevent CCMUser to logon to the server. Check policy and reset them back to default by comparing it to a working server.

Please make sure that these security policy do not get modified.

(Pay attention to CCMuser)

Check Event viewer and IIS logs.

Ran Adminutil.exe.

Reset CCMuser password.