cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No option to record message on Greeting page

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

I noticed something when I was setting up a call handler using the Unity web interface from my desktop; I no longer get an option to record the message on the Greetings page. The interface appears the same, but the play and record buttons do not highlight when I roll over them. Yes, the Recording radio button is selected. I tested this with my own unity account, which belongs to the "default admin" group, same results. We performed the upgrade to Unity 2.4.6.161 with TSP 3.0.4, before which the options were available. <br>However, the problem seems to be localized to one workstation only where I'm running TrendMicro Officescan 5.0 a/v software, IE 6.0, and Windows 2K Pro, SP2. If anyone could shed a little light on this, I'd appreciate it.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

This sounds like maybe you don't have access to the "Resources" share where we store all the greeting files for some reason. The directory is found under the ExchSvr\RES\. If you don't have read/write access to this share, all the media master controls for all greetings will be disabled.

Not sure how you don't have access to that share from just one particular workstation, however... by default this should be full access for everyone. If it's been locked down somehow, that may be your issue.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Hi Jeff,
I guess the permissions are ok here. However, the media master doesn't work across a firewall. Here I have the TrendMicro Officescan 5.0 anti-virus software running on my PC. I know its not a firewall, but is there a chance that this might be the reason for the problem.

Also, can you tellme what you meant by "If it's been locked down somehow, that may be your issue" in your previous reply, and how I can find if that is locked.

Thanks,
Partha

Edited by pbarman on 2/4/02 12:31 PM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: